Last updated: October 1, 2018
This Personal Data Protection Policy applies to data collected and/or managed via:
- the kidsaround.com website
- Kids Around, Billiesmarket children's clothing shops and CWF sections within department stores (hereinafter ‘the CWF Store(s)’)
- customer service including phone and online services from kidsaround.com and CWF Stores
WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR PROCESSING YOUR PERSONAL DATA? WHO HAS ACCESS TO IT?
Your personal data is processed by C.W.F. Children Worldwide Fashion (421 994 658 RCS La Roche sur YON) whose registered office is Avenue des Sables, Industrial Zone Bois Joly, 85500 Les Herbiers, France (hereinafter referred to as ‘CWF’).
Your data can be transmitted to the contractors and subcontractors used by CWF for the fulfilment of its IT services, order processing and delivery, as well as for marketing operations. In this context, transfers outside the European Union may be carried out in particular for IT services. CWF will take all possible measures to secure such transfers in accordance with applicable regulations within the European Union.
HOW IS YOUR PERSONAL DATA COLLECTED?
We collect your personal data when :
- you create your customer account on our website kidsaround.com or in a CWF Store
- you make a purchase on our website kidsaround.com or in a CWF Store
- you browse our website kidsaround.com and view products
- you participate in a game or contest
- you contact our Customer Services
The collected data includes your first name, last name, address, email address, password, phone number, IP address, connection data and navigation data, order history, preferences and interests, ages of children, products viewed, records of deliveries and claims.
For minors under 16, note that only the parents or the holder(s) of parental authority may authorise the communication of their personal data to CWF.
HOW IS YOUR PERSONAL DATA USED BY CWF?
CWF uses your personal data mainly for the following purposes:
- purchasing management and customer relations including billing and payment, delivery, returns, after-sales service, etc.
- the customisation of its services and the communications that CWF sends you
- measuring the performance and quality of the kidsaround.com website and CWF Stores
- managing your participation in games or contests
- the recording of telephone exchanges with client advisers for quality monitoring purposes
- compliance with legal and regulatory obligations.
When you pay on kidsaround.com, your payments are secure. CWF does not collect your payment details but only a payment identifier, the name and surname of the invoice recipient, and the billing country. All of your bank details are collected only by a secure payment service provider.
HOW LONG IS YOUR PERSONAL DATA STORED?
The retention periods of your personal data are determined in accordance with the aims pursued and the legal obligations of CWF.
hese retention periods include the following:
- if you are a CWF customer, the personal data relating to your customer account and those relating to your orders are kept as long as you are an active customer, then during the legally specified periods of 5 years or 10 years from the last activity, depending on the type of data
- if you are a potential customer who has not created a customer account and has not purchased a product from CWF, your personal data is kept for a period of three years from the last activity
- commercial cookies are kept for a maximum of 13 months from their initial placement.
WHAT ARE YOUR RIGHTS AND HOW DO YOU EXERCISE THEM?
In accordance with the regulations on personal data protection, you have the rights of access, correction, deletion, objection, limitation and portability, if any, of your personal data.
You can oppose commercial marketing by using the unsubscribe links included in marketing emails and SMS messages sent by CWF and, for communications relating to the kidsaround.com site, by going to the site, in the section ‘My account’.
You can also exercise your rights in writing by sending a letter to Customer Service CWF, Avenue des Sables, Industrial Zone Bois Joly, 85500 Les Herbiers, France or an email to email@example.com. In order to allow us to process your requests, we ask for your name, first name, e-mail, address and a photocopy of a proof of identity.
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office, in particular on its website ico.org.uk.
CWF has a Personal Data Protection Officer (DPO) that you can contact by email at firstname.lastname@example.org (except for the exercise of your rights, which are carried out at the CWF Customer Service address shown above).